عمليات النفايات الخطرة وإدارة الاستجابة للطوارئ
HAZWOPER has been a terminology coined by OSHA and is in effect one of the most eminent standards that regulates the safety and health of the employees involved in clean-up operations at uncontrolled hazardous waste sites, employees engaged in certain hazardous waste sites, employees engaged in certain hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal (TSD) operations, and in any emergency response activities involving hazardous substances. In short, HAZWOPERM applies to hazardous waste facilities.
The HAZWOPERM – 30 hour online program is designed to understand the methodologies in a in clean-up operation, voluntary clean-up operations as a control measure, emergency response operations, and storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances or uncontrolled hazardous waste sites and management of the same in an effective manner. Some of the topics include and not limited to:
- High concentrations of toxic substances.
- Situation that is life or injury threatening.
- Imminent Danger to Life and Health (IDLH) environments.
- Situation that presents an oxygen deficient atmosphere.
- Condition that poses a fire or explosion hazard.
- Situation that required an evacuation of the area.
- A situation that requires immediate attention because of the danger posed to employees in the area.
At the conclusion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Empathize the purpose and role in regulating occupational safety concerning hazardous materials.
- Deploy Site Representation to identify issues in a workplace and suggest appropriate control measures to be implemented thereby eliminating/minimizing hazards.
- Identify hazardous materials that would exist at the workplace and the possible methods, symptoms and preventative measures of exposure.
- To highlight and mandate the use of Material Safety Data sheets (MSDS) thereby to ascertain and properly handle hazardous materials.
- Emphasize the importance of using personal protective equipment in limiting hazardous exposure
- To put in place an effective Site Control Program that limits the risk of exposure to a limited workforce in the hazardous work zone.
- Put into practice methods for treating workers in the event of hazardous exposure
The Assessment testing would be 50 ‘2 mark’ questions, and candidates would need to secure at least 60% to pass the course.
On successful completion of the self-assessment test, the delegates would stand to receive a course qualification certification with unique identification number from Green World Group, approved by CPD.
HAZOPERM 30 -Hours E-Learning courses is CPD certified.
CPD is Continuing Personal or Professional Development. The CPD Certification Service is the independent body operating across all market sectors and in support of all professional institutions, bodies and societies. Its certified CPD ‘quality mark’ is a recognised symbol of quality assured training.
The basic concept of CPD is an educational system which seeks to:
- Operate throughout the working life of a professional
- Mirror the requirements imposed upon professionals by their professional organisations and, equally importantly, by their clients
- Operate in a systematic and structured manner
- Cover the full range of knowledge and skills, personal, technical and commercial, required by a professional in his or her working life.
There is a number of learning methods recognised by CPD, they include:
- Distance and open learning, including computer-based systems
- Structured reading, including datasheets and periodical articles
- Writing technical papers
- Membership of relevant professional committees
- Part time teaching
- Skills developed as part of a normal in-house activities
With increasing expectations for your workforce to continue their personal and professional development, CPD offers your employees the opportunity to gain new skills and refresh their current skill set in line with changes to their work and their industry. HAZOPERM 30 -Hours E-Learning courses can be used to obtain CPD certification. For further information please visit www.cpduk.co.uk