NEBOSH HSE Certification in Process Safety Management is a specialised course ideal for safety professionals who wish to take their career in process safety management. The course is being offered by NEBOSH in association with Health and Safety Executive (HSE), U.K’s leading health and safety organisation.
Students have twin advantages in doing this course – get the best ‘high hazard’ knowledge from HSE and also OSH skills from NEBOSH.
The safety training will make learners capable of providing protection to workers from accidents and near misses caused due to release of high energy and handling of hazardous substances such as chemicals and hydrocarbons.
Candidate, after successful completion of this course, will become experts in the following fields.
- Able to develop dependable process management system
- Formation of asset management and regularisation strategies
- Expertise in managing start-up and shutdown of plants
- Control and manage critical safety equipment and systems
- Will be able to provide complete process control of hazards from:
- – Sudden fire and explosions
- – Huge storage of hazardous goods
- – Dangerous Chemical reactions
- In emergency planning and management
This highly rewarding HSE specialization on process safety management helps learners acquire latest knowledge in safety standards and practices and guides them to take effective control of emergency situations and planning.
The course is made to provide students the required knowledge and skills to understand the nature of hazards and risks and introduce adequate safety standards and protection.
The intensive training will instil confidence in successful candidates who can manage any level of hazards and risks in any industrial environment and hence making the process industry free of predictable hazards and dangers.
NEBOSH HSE Certificate in Process Safety Management has been made due to the combined efforts from HSE professionals, safety regulators and employers of various industries to ensure that the knowledge and know-how spread among students are genuine, practical, up-to-date and meeting present days’ safety challenges.
Who should attend?
Safety workers from process industries such as oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and plastics will be able to get immense advantage with this NEBOSH-HSE certification in process safety management. Industries which fall under the categories offer highly volatile work environments for workers who are hence prone to unpredictable and measurable hazards. The certification will help workplace managers, safety in-charges, HSE compliant regulators to become highly skilled in process safety management.
This course, however, is not suitable for certain section of employments. Those who are already in the process management control environment such as chemical engineers or process safety managers need not have to do this course.
Candidates applying for this course must have prior HSE knowledge and understanding on the importance of process safety management. It will be an added advantage if candidates had any other NEBOSH certification as additional qualification to master this certification.
Element 1: Process safety Leadership
- Process Safety Management Meaning
- Process Safety Leadership
- Organisational Learning
- Management of Change
- Worker Engagement
Element 2: Management of Process Risk
- Establishing a process safety management system
- Risk Management techniques used within the process industries
- Assent management and maintenance strategies
- Role and purpose and features of a permit-to-work system
- Safe shift handover
- Contractor management
Element 3: Process Safety Hazard Control
- Operating procedures
- Safe start-up and shut-down
- Safety critical performance standards
- Electricity / Static electricity
- Dangerous Substance
- Reaction Hazards
- Bulk storage operations
Element 4: Fire and Explosion Protection
- Fire Hazards
- Fire and explosion control
- Dust Explosions
- Emergency Preparedness
The duration of the examination is 90-minute having multiple choice questions, and NEBOSH will provide the certification for all successful candidates.