Risks affecting organizations can have consequences in terms of economic performance and professional reputation, as well as environmental, safety and societal outcomes. Therefore, managing risk effectively helps organizations to perform well in an environment full of uncertainty.
ISO 31000:2018, Risk management – Guidelines, provides principles, framework and a process for managing risk. It can be used by any organization regardless of its size, activity or sector.
Using ISO 31000 can help organizations increase the likelihood of achieving objectives, improve the identification of opportunities and threats and effectively allocate and use resources for risk treatment.
Risk enters every decision in life, but clearly some decisions need a structured approach. For example, a senior executive or government official may need to make risk judgement associated with very complex situations. Dealing with risk is part of governance and leadership, and is fundamental to how an organization is managed at all levels.
Yesterday’s risk management practices are no longer adequate to deal with today’s threats and they need to evolve. These considerations were at the heart of the revision of ISO 31000, Risk management – Guidelines, whose latest version has just been published. ISO 31000:2018 delivers a clearer, shorter and more concise guide that will help organizations use risk management principles to improve planning and make better decisions.
Following are the main changes since the previous edition:
- Review of the principles of risk management, which are the key criteria for its success
- Focus on leadership by top management who should ensure that risk management is integrated into all organizational activities, starting with the governance of the organization
- Greater emphasis on the iterative nature of risk management, drawing on new experiences, knowledge and analysis for the revision of process elements, actions and controls at each stage of the process
- Streamlining of the content with greater focus on sustaining an open systems model that regularly exchanges feedback with its external environment to fit multiple needs and contexts
It is quick and easy to achieve your ISO certification and start winning new business. Green World Group’s 15 years of business can help you to attain this very easily.
The following are the process in a simplified way
Step 1 : Preparation
Green Worlds dedicated auditor will be in touch to go through the audit plan in preparation of your stage 1 assessment.
Stage 1 Assessment
There’s no pressure for the first assessment; many are surprised what they already have in place following this visit. The report issued will highlight the next steps you need to take to achieve your certification.
Stage 2 Assessment
When you’re ready, Green World Group’s dedicated Auditor will visit again to establish if your management systems and processes meet the requirements of the standard. You’ll be advised of the Auditor’s recommendations on the day which will be ratified by our Compliance department, and your certification will be issued following the decision.
The excellent reputation of ISO 31000 is driven by its requirement for ongoing improvement, so we’ll keep in touch and arrange annual assessments to keep your certification up-to-date.
Green World Group’s Assured Support
We understand that certification can appear daunting. Green World Group’s experts are here to make sure that the process is as smooth as possible and that you gain maximum benefits.
To keep everything running smoothly, you’ll receive the following:
- A Letter of Commitment once you start proceedings
- An Auditor, who’ll stay with you throughout the process
- An Account Manager to answer all of your questions
- Free generic template toolkits and access to professional online training.
Contact one of our Green World Group Occupational Health and Safety Consultant for more information. Please visit our Contact Page.