A risk assessment is the examination of workplace safety management of what could cause harm to people while at work. It aims to ensure that enough precautions have been taken to prevent harm.
A hazard is something with the potential to cause harm, such as substances, equipment, methods of working, the work environment and other aspects of work organisation.
A risk is the likelihood of potential harm from a hazard.
Identifying potential hazards and managing risks to health and safety is essential in ensuring a safe working environment.
The extent of the risk will depend on:
- The likelihood of that harm occurring.
- The severity of that harm, i.e. injury or adverse health effect.
- The number of people who might be exposed to that hazard.
Our risk assessments will:
- Identify the need for specific risk assessments during our Health & Safety Audits and Inspections.
- Provide Risk Assessor training for nominated employees.
- Provide a range of risk-assessment templates to cover different activities.
- Carry out any specialist risk assessments.
- Inform employees about risk-control measures.
- Include regular reviews.
Contact one of our Green World Group Occupational Health and Safety Consultant for more information. Please visit our Contact Page.