OSHA 30 ساعة من سلامة البناء
OSHA 30 hour construction training program gives variety of training to employees on safety responsibilities. The training phase emphasize in hazard identification, eviction and minimization and control measures along with OSHA standards.
OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Key Facts
|Course Level||OSHA Course – IASP, USA|
|Who can study?||Foremen, Site Supervisors, Safety Managers, Safety Coordinators, Superintendents, or Anyone who works in the Construction Industry|
|Mode of Learning||Online/E-learning, In-Company Training|
|Requirements||Recommend Minimum Standard of English|
|Assessment||The assessment is done through a MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) format|
International Association of Safety Professionals (IASP) offers training, consultancy services as well as third party certifications which validates workplace safety skills, knowledge and abilities.
The primary goal of IASP is to offer safety professionals with advanced training opportunities which also exceed OSHA compliance along with professional certifications that help them to carry out safety related activities with added confidence and excellent competency. The wide index of OSHA training program by IASP gives professionals the industry specific skills and knowledge on best practices of Occupational health and safety.
The topic requirements are as follows:
Mandatory – 15 hours
Introduction to OSHA – 2 hours.
- Introduction part covers employee’s rights, roles and responsibilities of employer, how to find complaint etc.
- This also gives a sample weekly fatality/ catastrophe report, material date sheet, OSHA Form 300(OSHA Log of work related injuries and illness )
- Material also contains instructor guide, PPT slides, student handouts and participatory activities
Managing Safety and Health – 2 hours.
Managing health and safety includes workplace injury/ illness prevention program, workplace inspection, accident prevention programs, commitment of organization, workers involvement, workplace analysis, and prevention of hazard, controlling and minimizing hazards at workplace, accident investigation, conducting safety meeting and supervisory communication
OSHA Focus Four Hazards – 6 hours.
Fall hazards at construction site is one among the major cause of fatalities. This topic should be covered for at least one hour 15 minutes.
Other focus four hazards should be taken minimum for one – half hour each
Tutor may take 10 hours on this topic,
- Falls (minimum 1 hour and 15 minutes)
- Struck-By (e.g., falling objects, trucks, cranes)
- Caught-In or Between (e.g., trench hazards, equipment)
Focus Four Hazards Training Requirements
Every lesson on Focus Four Hazards are supposed to use terminal (TO) and enabling (EO) objectives.
TO: Current OSHA and construction safety industry information like workplace illness, injury, fatality will be provided. Learners will get the ability to recognize construction hazards viz. fall/caught in between/electrocution/struck etc.
For each of the focus four, the learner can:
EO 1: Identify major hazards
EO 2: Describe types of hazards
EO 3: Protect him/herself from these hazards
EO 4: Recognize employer requirements to protect workers from these hazards
These objectives are expected as student outcomes, whereas trainers
- Might not differ from these objectives while planning for training session
- Should strictly follow participatory training model in terms of applying training techniques
- Should ensure that the objectives are measured by evaluating student’s achievement
Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment – 2 hours
Health Hazards in Construction – 2 hours.
This might teach about general construction safety hazard, noise, hazard communication, silica/crystalline etc.
Stairways and Ladders – 1 hour.
Elective – 12 hours.
Elective should be covered for 12 hours on below mentioned topics. Minimum of 6 topics should be presented and each topic may last for one- half hour.
- Concrete and Masonry Construction
- Confined Space Entry
- Cranes, Derricks, Hoists, Elevators, & Conveyors
- Fire Protection and Prevention
- Materials Handling, Storage, Use and Disposal
- Motor Vehicles, Mechanized Equipment and Marine Operations; Rollover Protective Structures and Overhead Protection; and Signs, Signals and Barricades
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
- Safety and Health Programs
- Steel Erection
- Tools – Hand and Power
- Welding and Cutting
Optional – 3 hours.
Other construction industry hazards or policies should be taught on mandatory or elective topics, in which each topic should be covered for one-half hour.
On successfully completing 30 hour of OSHA construction safety training session candidate will be accessed with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Minimum of 70 % is set as pass mark, candidates who fails to meet this criteria should undergo the assessment again to attain the qualification