HAZOP study at Workplace
HAZOP stands for hazard and operability study, and it is a structured and systematic assessment of a complex plan or operation to identify and evaluate issues that may designate risks to personnel or equipment
Assessment Onboard Exam
HAZOP Study and Risk Analysis Certification are specially designed for engineers who had prior knowledge related to hazard & operability study and wish to enhance their knowledge in hazard and risk analysis.
HAZOP study is a systematic review of processes or operations to examine the possibilities of any undesirable consequences that can occur due to the deviation in the actual design or operational intent. This method can be used for both batch processes and continuous processes that can be taken to evaluate written procedures.
After the review process, the HAZOP team lists out causes and consequences of deviation along with already existing safeguards that protect against deviation. In case of insufficient or poor safeguards, the team suggests relevant actions to minimize the severity of the risk.
The total duration of this course 2 days with 2 hours of class per day helps even candidates with no prior knowledge on Hazard and Operability Study can also equip the adequate knowledge quickly on HAZOP. This subject learning resource is developed on the basis of oil & gas industry, one of them being Automated Continuous Processes.
HAZOP Certification Course Topics Cover
Other PHA methods and Close out
Assessment Onboard Exam
HAZOP Course Objectives
- Apply advanced process HAZOP and risk assessment techniques
- Discuss mechanics of dispersion, fire, explosion and toxic releases
- Explain the concept of Quantified Risk Assessment ‘QRA’ and the HAZOP study methodology
- Practice HAZOP team leadership
- Understand the concepts of risk assessment and risk management
- Understand the estimation and evaluation of risks – qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantified risks
- Apply techniques for hazard identification and analysis – checklists, risk profiling, HAZOP, FMEA and task-based risk assessment
- Apply cause-consequences analysis – the role of fault trees and event trees in accident prevention
- Understand HAZOP studies their benefits and their short comings
- Understand the requirements of a team leader or facilitator, scribe and team members during HAZOP studies
- Facilitate a HAZOP study
Who should attend HAZOP Training?
HAZOP Training in India can take up by those who are involved in the risk management process from any levels of designation such as engineering, process operations, maintenance, production as well as health and safety aspirants.
A series of reasonable steps taken to eliminate or control the injuries, effects of the unintentional fall while assessing the work at height.
But there are different types of falls that we must consider obviously, i.e.
- Fall at the same level, within the surface
- fall to a lower level from the height
Falls from roofs and height, in general, are the most common cause of workplace death, according to the Health & Safety Executive. The worrying aspect of this is that these deaths are primarily caused by a failure to assess or recognize fragile work surfaces properly.