This advanced diploma course offers participants a broad understanding of the challenges and changes happening in workplace safety and health field. Candidates are offered training and practical sessions to help them gain expertise in fundamental aspects of health and safety covering moral, ethical, technical, legislative and management practices followed to enhance safety environment of workplaces.
The course has been divided into 7 units that predominantly cover the ethical values that are necessary for an HSE Engineer/HSE Lead to perform effectively.
Unit 1 Essentials of Safety Management System
- Introduction to Safety Management
- Elements of H&S Management
- ISO 45001:2018 Health & Safety Standards
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Key Performance Indicator
Unit 2 Basics of Occupational Psychology
- Human Factors and Safety
- Behaviour Modification
- Developing Personnel Resilience
Unit 3 Principles of Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment – Definition
- Risk Assessors & Criteria for a suitable and Sufficient Assessment
- Carry out a Risk Assessment
Unit 4 Permit to Work & Lock Out Tag Out
- Permit to Work – Definition and Types
- Permit to Work – Sections
- Lock Out Tag Out
Unit 5 Accident / Incident Investigation
- Accident / Incident – Definition
- Accident Investigation in Detail
- Accident / Incident Investigation – Lessons Learned
Unit 6 Emergency /Disaster Management – Hazard / Risk Identification
- Development of Emergency Procedure Plan
- Hazard / Risk Identification
Unit 7 Environment and Disaster Risk
- Introduction to Environment Disaster
- Disaster Risk, Development and the Environment
- Links connecting Environment to Disaster Risk
- Opportunities for Disaster Reduction
Course Goals and Learning Outcomes
Advanced Diploma in Certified Health, Safety & Environment Engineer course has been developed with wide range of topics — starting from leadership skills and ethics; to preparing budgets and managing employees’ compensation costs; to developing and modernising safety programs and systems to make them meet the requirements of workers and businesses. Other goals and learning outcomes include:
- Developing a strong base of concepts and techniques for effective safety management system
- Evaluate and understand the efficacy of the safety management system at your workplace
- Successfully develop and install safety structure in your enterprise
- Design a sustainable safety management system that suits your workplace’s professional and strategic goals
National Safety Diploma
- Delegates/students who have completed and obtained the National Diploma certification (approved by the Government of India) can further enhance their professional profile and career prospects by applying for an international membership with IIRSM. However, IIRSM holds its sole discretion in awarding its memberships to candidates who have to satisfy the prescribed guidelines for getting their membership.
- All candidates completing the advanced safety diploma course successfully will be eligible to receive Certificate and Mark sheet issued by the Central Board of Examination & National Development agency, supported by Indian government.
- This advanced safety diploma has wide recognition among various industries and governments across the world.
- Candidates who have completed this course and acquired certification are considered to get one year increment in their educational qualification.
The advanced diploma certificate is also accepted for attestation by
- All Consular Services including Indian consulate
- Ministry of External Affairs of India and foreign affairs ministry across several nations including middle east countries.