This course will help participants and organizations understand the fundamental principles of function, role and importance of developing and implementing an effective Safety Management System (SMS). Safety management system (SMS) is a comprehensive management system designed to manage safety elements in the workplace. It includes policy, objectives, plans, procedures, organisation, responsibilities and other measures. SMS is used in industries that manage significant safety risks, including aviation, petroleum, chemical, electricity generation and others.
What you will learn
- Understand the basic knowledge, techniques and skills needed to develop a Safety Management System and measure its performance
- Discover how an effective system can reduce costs
- Learn cost-effective resource planning
- See how safety risks are managed proactively
- Explore how to build a positive safety culture within your organization
- Basics of Health & Safety
- Policy and Objectives
- Risk control & Management
- Measuring & Performance review
- Organizational factors
Exam Method: Non-supervised online exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
Exam Format: Q & A submission
About iHSE Council:
iHSE Council is an independent accreditation body specializing in accreditation and approval of byte sized online and distance education providers, both in the UK and overseas. Course approvals by iHSE Council is independent and unbiased and the accreditation of such courses is undertaken by an expert panel of HSE professionals who have a wealth of relevant experience.
The benefits of iHSE approved courses are based on:
- Learning, Teaching and Research Activity
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement
- Awards and Qualifications
- Marketing and Recruitment of Students
- Systems Management and Compliance with local HSE Regulations
Upon successfully completion of atleast 3 iHSE Council approved courses, participants are eligible to use the term ‘MIHSEC’ against their name initials.