This course will provide delegates with the skills, information and knowledge, along with the appropriate attitudes to enable them to identify and manage a H2S hazard
The course contents are: -
- H2S gas, its common names and where it is ordinarily found
- The physical properties and characteristics of H2S
- Common definitions such as parts per million (ppm) and occupational/workplace exposure limits (OEL/WEL)
- Measurement and the OEL/WEL of H2S
- The physiological effects of exposure to H2S
- How H2S is detected and the use of onsite & personal detection equipment
- Actions to be taken in the event of an alarm
- The types of respiratory equipment available including escape breathing apparatus (EBA) & self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and the importance of correct fit of the face mask.
- The role of response teams in an H2S emergency and their use of SCBA
Who can take this Course : Any people who are working in areas where there is chance of H2S release
Validity of the Certificate : 1 Year
Course Duration : 4 – 8 Hours (Depend on the Client Requirements)
Course Certification :
Successful participation who passed the written and practical test will receive certificates on H2S Awareness Training.
Minimum Qualification :
Ability to understand English unless the course is being agreed to be delivered in Clients required language.