This course is an introduction into the challenging and evolving field of occupational health and safety, and will enable you to gain an understanding of the ethical, legislative, technical, and management aspects of health and safety practice in human resources.
This course is divided onto 7 units that comprehensively deal with the ethics that are required of an HSE Engineer / HSE Lead.
Unit 1 Essentials of Safety Management System
- Introduction to Safety Management
- Elements of H&S Management
- ISO 45001:2018 Health & Safety Standards
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Key Performance Indicator
Unit 2 Basics of Occupational Psychology
- Human Factors and Safety
- Behaviour Modification
- Developing Personnel Resilience
Unit 3 Principles of Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment – Definition
- Risk Assessors & Criteria for a suitable and Sufficient Assessment
- Carry out a Risk Assessment
Unit 4 Permit to Work & Lock Out Tag Out
- Permit to Work – Definition and Types
- Permit to Work – Sections
- Lock Out Tag Out
Unit 5 Accident / Incident Investigation
- Accident / Incident – Definition
- Accident Investigation in Detail
- Accident / Incident Investigation – Lessons Learned
Unit 6 Emergency /Disaster Management – Hazard / Risk Identification
- Development of Emergency Procedure Plan
- Hazard / Risk Identification
Unit 7 Environment and Disaster Risk
- Introduction to Environment Disaster
- Disaster Risk, Development and the Environment
- Links connecting Environment to Disaster Risk
- Opportunities for Disaster Reduction
Course Goals and Learning Outcomes
Advanced Diploma in Certified Health Safety & Environment Engineer coursework spans a wide variety of topics — ranging from leadership skills and ethics; to developing budgets and controlling workers’ compensation costs; to designing and adjusting safety systems and programs so they meet the needs of employees and businesses.
- Build a foundation of concepts and techniques for managing an effective safety system
- and measure the effectiveness of a safety management system
- Successfully position safety in your organization
- Develop a safety management system that supports your organization’s strategic and business goals
National Safety Diploma
- Candidates/ Delegates who successfully complete and obtain the National Diploma Course (approved by the Govt. of India) could further apply for a membership status with IIRSM. Awarding of the membership is at the discretion of IIRSM provided they have met the required guidelines for the same.
- All candidates who successfully completed the course will get Certificates & Mark lists which are issued by Central Board of Examination & National Development agency under Government of India. The course also recognised in several countries. Also, students can count that this certification can increment their one year educational qualification.
- The certificate is also recognized and attested by several consular Services including India and Ministry of External Affairs of India and several other countries in the Middle East region.